Thursday 11 September 2014

Fencing and fabric - a synchronicity

When we took on a croft eight years ago that had not been worked or looked after for decades you wonder where to start ! Fencing is an annual job as we replace rusted barbed wire with Paul's wonderful rail and post creations. Not exciting ? well to me it is when lovely old hinges off broken gates become available.

The cotton fabric was fetched and with a spray of water and vinegar added, the cloth was carefully wrapped around the hinges. The fabric created is just wonderful.



When used alongside my eco dyed work I am very excited about a new range of textile pieces being created for Studio Inscape's shop. To create fabric with marks from the croft I live on and love is the best kind of diary keeping I can imagine.

Here's a sneak peek at the first piece just finished !

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love hearing from you - thanks for stopping by